COM 400 - Social Media U Need 2 Know #NewhouseSM4 Spring 2012 "To Do" List - Due Sun., Feb. 26
COM 400 Class Hashtag: #NewhouseSM4.
You can also find the class schedule and progress here: COM 400 Social Media U Need 2 Know #NewhouseSM4 Spring 2012 - What We've Accomplished So Far!
Review & Reading
2. Due for Wed., Feb. 22 - Read & Review
Topic: The balance between doing great work and managing an effective personal or company social profile.
Ask one question during the the discussion / Retweet a Tweet / Thank the guest speaker
Due for Sun.
Log Into Hootsuite Pro
- View HOOT300 - Advance Tactics & Enhanced Social Networks Capabilities
- View HOOT310 - Facebook Updates In Hootsuite
- View HOOT320 - LinkedIn Updates In Hootsuite
- View HOOT330 - Google+ Integration in Hootsuite
- Take HOOT300 Exam
4. Connect your Twitter Account to your LinkedIn Status
- Reminder - Do Not Display your Twitter account on your LinkedIn profile - Select No, do not display on my profile
- Reminder - Share your Tweets in your LinkedIn status - Select Share only Tweets that contain #in
5. Post on Twitter and on LinkedIn - Tweet 2 things on Twitter. Include the #in and #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your Tweet. Make sure your Tweet appears in your LinkedIn status after adding #in Hashtag.
6. Post a Comment on a DR4WARD G+ - Post a comment on a recent DR4WARD G+ Post.
7. Add to your G+ Circle - add your classmates to NewhouseSM4 circle and add your teammates to your team G+ circle.
8. LinkedIn/Tweet/G+ - Post on Linkedin/Twitter/G+. Include the #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your post. Include the #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your posts.
9. RT - Retweet/LinkedIn/Share on G+ one of the posts from a Marketing Pro that you follow that you found interesting. Include the #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your post.
10. Reply - @reply/commment on Twitter & G+ - to a different marketing pro that you follow and who follows you and thank them for something that they shared that you find interesting. Tell them why? Include the #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your Tweet.
DM - Direct Message on G+ Instructor Assistant +Lynessa Williams when you have completed this list.
Note: You cannot accrue the 20 posts at one time, on one day. They must be spread out over 5-7 days with a maxium of 4 posts per day counting towards your total. (Ex - 3 tweets per day x 7 = 21 or 4 posts per day x 5 = 20)
I look 4Ward to your feedback.
Author: Bill - Dr. William J. Ward, a.k.a DR4WARD is the Professor of Social Media at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University. He is ranked one of the "Top Marketing Professors on Twitter" in the world by Social Media Marketing Magazine for providing useful content and consistently engaging with followers and truly "getting it" when it comes to the best ways to use Twitter and other forms of Social Media. He earned his Ph.D. in Media and Information Studies at Michigan State University and teaches internationally. He also participates with the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
DR4WARD enjoys helping connect students and pros to learn about all forms of communication and creativity. He talks about, creates, and curates content on: Digital, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Social Media, Journalism, Higher Ed, Innovation, Creativity, and Design. Curated global resources can be found here: DR4WARD Curated Social Media, Marketing & Digital Resources - Infographics, Slideshows, Videos, Etc.
Follow DR4WARD on Twitter: @DR4WARD
Add DR4WARD to Your Google G+ Circle: G+ DR4WARD
Follow S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications on Twitter: @NewhouseSU
Follow Syracuse University on Twitter: @SyracuseU