Note: Make sure you are following the correct class name - COM 427 Social Media For Communicators and Hashtag - #NewhouseSM4.
You can also find the class schedule and progress here: COM 427 Social Media For Communicators #NewhouseSM4 Spring 2014 - What We've Accomplished So Far!
Team Teaching Presentations
Mon., April 7
Team 1 #GameOnNHSM4 - Incentivize social media/mobile, consumer gamification
Team 2 #CrisisSM4 - PR and crisis management
Wed., April 9
Team 3 #PolySocial - Politics/Elections and social media
Team 4 #SUyelp - Hospitality and social media
Audience "To Do" List
1. Before Presentation: Let your followers know that you will be sending a lot of tweets since you’re live Tweeting for Team Teaching Presentations. Use Team topics and Hashtags # so your followers who may be interested can follow the discussion.
- Take a photo of the team presenting and share it on Twitter with the Hashtag or Retweet someone else's photo of the team.
3. After presentation (day of): Thank teaching team. Thank experts again for speaking with the teams and sharing their insights.
4. By Sunday: Comment on student team member's posts, RT posts using team teaching Hashtags #. Share on G+, Facebook, Twitter.
1. Prepare your PowerPoint presentation, upload your PowerPoint Presentation to Google Drive and add teammates, Professor and IA to edit/view the presentation.
Google Plus / G+ Hangout.（covered by last week's stand-up meetings)
3. Get photo of your team participating in G+ Hangout.
Day of Presentation
1. Promote your presentation on Twitter using your team Hashtag.
2. Share any links to social media sites, Apps, or content that you need class to view or download prior to your presentation.
1. Use Hootsuite to manage your presentation back channel. Share Twitter userids of people, brands you interviewed and or quotes, or links to content in your presentation that you would like the class to share (Tweet or Retweet)
2. Respond to the audience. Answer questions and Retweet best Tweets from audience members.
3. Get a photo of your team presenting in-class and get a team photo afterwards with the professor.
1. Thank the audience for their participation and thank the experts for their interviews and sharing their insights.
3. Also, share the SlideShare presentation with the experts that you interviewed.
5. Do a screen shot of the Hashtracking and Tweetreach report results and share the results on Twitter, G+ and Facebook.
6. Thank the people you interviewed again on G+, Facebook and Twitter within 24 hours of your presentation.
7. Each team member must share their final SlideShare on G+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn using team hashtag.
DM - send a private message to +Shuai Wang with a link to your finished post on your blog.
Over the course of this week (Mon., Apr 7 through Sun., Apr.13) send at least 10-12 class related posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, G+ and Facebook. Posts not related to class do not count for the total. Use the class team presentation Hashtags and/or #NewhouseSM4 for all class related posts on all platforms.
The objective of this assignment is to engage with others, not simply announce. Your posts and live event tweeting can count towards your total. Your posts on each of the different platforms must be over 5-7 days. Example 2 x 5 days = 10 / 3 x 4 days = 12
I look 4Ward to your feedback.
Author: Bill - Dr. William J. Ward, a.k.a DR4WARD is the Professor of Social Media at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University. He is ranked one of the "Top Marketing Professors on Twitter" in the world by Social Media Marketing Magazine for providing useful content and consistently engaging with followers and truly "getting it" when it comes to the best ways to use Twitter and other forms of Social Media. He earned his Ph.D. in Media and Information Studies at Michigan State University and teaches internationally. He also participates with the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
DR4WARD enjoys helping connect students and pros to learn about all forms of communication and creativity. He talks about, creates, and curates content on: Digital, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Social Media, Journalism, Higher Ed, Innovation, Creativity, and Design. Curated global resources can be found here: DR4WARD Curated Social Media, Marketing & Digital Resources - Infographics, Slideshows, Videos, Etc.
Follow DR4WARD on Twitter: @DR4WARD
Find DR4WARD resources on Pinterest:http://pinterest.com/dr4ward/
Add DR4WARD to Your Google G+ Circle: Google
Follow S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications on Twitter: @NewhouseSU
Follow Syracuse University on Twitter: @SyracuseU