Big Data, Data Analytics & Measuring ROI of Social Media
Note: Make sure you are following the correct class name - COM 427 Social Media For Communicators and Hashtag - #NewhouseSM4.
You can also find the class schedule and progress here: COM 427 Social Media For Communicators #NewhouseSM4 Spring 2014 - What We've Accomplished So Far!
Social Media for Communicators #NewhouseSM4 Spring 2014 "To Do" & Reading List - Due Sun., Mar.23
There are five parts to this weekly "To Do" List:
- Guest Speaker
- Team Teaching Presentation
- Hootsuite Certification Courseware & Social Media Courseware
- "Weekly Tasks"
Guest Speaker - Corey Takahashi @takalabtime Future-focused professor, journalist, producer. Working at the crossroads of media, technology, new storytelling in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
Topic: Visualization And Storytelling For Digital And Social Media
Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2:15 PM
Team Teaching Presentation
- What is Social Currency? How do you measure it? Why does Engagement, Influence and Action on Social Media Really Matter? #video explaining Klout
- How Do You Increase Your Klout Score On Social Influence? #video Interview with Joe Fernandez, CEO of Klout
- What Do Social Media Marketing Metrics Look Like? 6 Social Media Campaigns & Their Metrics #infographic
- Tweet.Grader now Marketing Grader
Big Data, Data Analytics
- Can Digital Reconstruction And Big Data Analysis Of A Disaster On Social Media Measure The Impact On Public Safety? #video #casestudy
- Is Big Data Just A Game? #bigdata #video
- What Are Top 10 Challenges That Prevent Business From Capitalizing On Big Data? #bigdata #infographi
- What Are Social Analytics And How Are Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Metrics Used To Gain Actionable Insights? #infographic
- What Are Some Tactical Objectives And Key Metrics For Accomplishing Your Social Media Goals? #slideshow
- How Do You Use Four Key Areas Of Content Analytics and What Metrics Do You Use To Track, Measure and Score Content Success? #slideshow
Hootsuite Certification Courseware & Social Media Courseware
Congratulations on joining the HootSuite University Higher Education Program! As part of the #NewhouseSM4 class, you will have free access to HootSuite Pro and HootSuite University for 90 days.
Under Advanced Tactics with HootSuite Pro
HOOT240: Advanced Analytics with HootSuite Pro
Take HootSuite Certified Professional Exam
- Note - After You have completed the Hootsuite Certification Courseware. Be sure to go to "Profile" in the HootSuite U dashboard, view learning status, and issue certficate to get HootSuite Badge of accomplishment and get listed in the Hootsuite Pro directory.
View SCMD 120: Introduction to Social Media Across an Organization
Take SCMD 120 Exam
View SCMD 121: Introduction to Social Networks for Organizations
Take SCMD 121 Exam
Social Network Specific Education
1. Social Engagement - Post to Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+
Use Hootsuite Pro to Post To Twitter and LinkedIn. You will have to copy and paste your posts to also post on G+.
* Reminder - Hootsuite works with G+ Pages but does not work with G+ Profile. Google has not shared the API for G+ Profile.
Over the course of this week (Mon., Mar.17 through Sun., Mar. 23) send at least 10-12 class related posts on Twitter, LinkedIn and G+. Posts not related to class do not count for the total. Use the class Hashtag #NewhouseSM4 for all class related posts on all platforms.
Note: You cannot accrue the 10-12 posts on Twitter, LinkedIn and G+ posts at one time, on one day. They must be spread out over 5-7 days with a maxium of 3 posts on each platform per day counting towards your total. (Ex - 2 tweets / G+ posts per day x 5 = 10 or 3 tweets / G+ posts per day x 4 = 12)
Post to Twitter, LinkedIn and G+
- Twitter & LinkedIn & G+ Find & Follow - Find & Follow G+ profiles for 5 people / organizations you are now following on Twitter. These links / userids are often listed right on the blog or have the Twitter icon or G+ to click on. You can also type their name into search on each platform.
- Add to your Twitter list and Create a G+ Circle - add the 5 new people that you are following to your "Social Media Pros" Twitter list and G+ Circle you create.
- Twitter, LinkedIn & G+ - Post to Twitter and LinkedIn and G+ to the class recommending they follow these 5 new people and explain why. Include the #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your Tweet and the individual Twitter usderids with the @symbol and +profile name on G+. (You cannot use the same 5 people as other students)
- RT - Retweet to Twitter and Reshare on LinkedIn & G+ one of the posts from a different Marketing Pro that you follow that you found interesting. Be sure to include their Twitter userid with the @symbol on Twitter and their +profile name on G+ to give them credit. Include the #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your Tweet and G+ post.
- Reply - reply on Twitter & G+ - to a different marketing pro that you follow and who follows you and thank them for something that they shared that you find interesting. Tell them why? Include the #NewhouseSM4 Hashtag in your Tweet and G+ post.
3. Post one Vine to practice creating shareable content. Read 4 story telling tips for making 6 second short films on vine for inspiration. Examples: "Team meeting, team project, team work, a day in Newhouse" "An afternoon in the life of a social media student" or "the story of a brand", etc. Use hashtag #NewhouseSM4.
Share your vine to G+, Twitter, LinkedIn.
Share your vine account name with IA via G+ private post.
5. Using Google+ send a Limited Direct Mention Instructor Assistant Shuai Wang when you have completed this list.
Guest post by Instructor Assistant @suyawang
I look 4Ward to your feedback.
DR4WARD enjoys helping connect students and pros to learn about all forms of communication and creativity. He talks about, creates, and curates content on: Digital, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Social Media, Journalism, Higher Ed, Innovation, Creativity, and Design. Curated global resources can be found here: DR4WARD Curated Social Media, Marketing & Digital Resources - Infographics, Slideshows, Videos, Etc.
Follow DR4WARD on Twitter: @DR4WARD
Find DR4WARD resources on Pinterest:http://pinterest.com/dr4ward/
Add DR4WARD to Your Google G+ Circle: Google
Follow S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications on Twitter: @NewhouseSU
Follow Syracuse University on Twitter: @SyracuseU